PEDIATRIC EYE SERVICES
The American Optometric Association recommends infants should have their first comprehensive eye examination by 6 months of age. Comprehensive eye exams are key in the early diagnosis and treatment of vision problems. Our practice aims to provide the highest quality of care so that children are able to achieve optimal vision and eye health from the very start. Early detection allows for treatment to begin before the child experiences difficulties in school and other activities and before any permanent damage occurs. Children with vision problems will often experience difficulty reading from the board (nearsightedness), difficulty reading books (farsightedness), as well as other congenital problems that can be disruptive to their studies.
Young children especially may not express these issues with their parents or teachers, thus making an eye exam crucial to their development.
The pediatric eye services we provide include:
- Comprehensive eye exams to determine your child’s eye’s overall health
- Surgical remedies to treat conditions such as crossed eyes, weak eye muscles, blocked tear ducts, retinal problems, and infections
- Diagnosis and treatment for eye problems stemming from genetic conditions, diabetes, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and other diseases
- Diagnose disorders that impact visual processing
- Treatment for injuries to the eyes
- Prescription of eye glasses or contact lenses to correct refractive issues.
Vision problems tend to escalate with age, so early detection and treatment is the best prevention. Our skilled doctors strive to accommodate children of all ages to make the experience as comfortable and relaxing as possible.
To learn more about our pediatric eye case services, please call us today to schedule an appointment.
CONTACT US TODAY
Do you have questions or concerns about the health of your eyes? We are board certified in ophthalmology and can help you with your eye care needs. Let us know how we can help you.
Our board certified ophthalmologists and our top notch team strive to provide the highest quality care for our patients. Come in today to see what a difference Access Eye Institute can make in your life. Schedule an appointment.